For tourists and guests of Ukraine capital offers helicopter tour over Kiev in a bird's eye view on comfortable helicopter Robinson R-44. The flight route includes taking off from Kiev Chaika Airport, flying along the southern boundary of Kiev (Kyiv), access to the mainstream of the Dnieper River and flying along Kiev historic city center and return to the departure airport.
When flying on Dniper river pilot of helicopter Robinson R-44 reduces the speed and gives passengers the opportunity to fully enjoy Kiev panoramas in a bird's eye view.
Helicopter Robinson R-44
Helicopter Robinson R44 is a four-seat light helicopter produced by the Robinson Helicopter Company since 1992. Helicopter Robinson R44 was received FAA certification in December 1992.
Kiev sights and attractions that you could see during Kiev helicopter tour and make beautiful pictures:
- Moskovskyi Bridge is a bridge in Kiev built in 1976. It is a cable-stayed bridge with the beam of the main span being held by a cluster of steel ropes which are fixed to a 119 m (390 ft) tall A-pylon.
- Trukhaniv Island is an island located on the Dnieper River opposite the historic Podil neighbourhood of the city of Kiev. It has an area of 4,5 km2.
- St Andrew's Church - is a major Baroque church in Kiev. The church was constructed in 1747-1754 to a design by the Imperial Russian architect Bartolomeo Rastrelli.
- Kiev Funicular - connecting the historic Uppertown and the lower commercial neighborhood of Podil through the steep hill. Kiev funicular was constructed during 1902-1905 and was first opened to the public on May 7, 1905.
- St. Michael’s Cathedral - originally built in the Middle Ages by Sviatopolk II Iziaslavych, the monastery comprises the Cathedral itself, the Refectory of St. John the Divine built in 1713, Economic Gates constructed in 1760 and the monastery's bell tower which was added in 1716-1719. The exterior of the structure was rebuilt in the Ukrainian Baroque style in the 18th century while the interior remained in its original Byzantine style.
- Saint Vladimir the Great Monument - is a monument to Vladimir Sviatoslavich the Great is the grand prince of Kievan Rus who converted it to Christianity in 988.
- People's Friendship Arch - dedicated to the unification of Russia and Ukraine. The arch was opened on November 7, 1982 to commemorate the 60th Anniversary of the USSR and the celebration of 1500th Anniversary of the Kiev city. A huge 50 mteres (164 ft) in diameter rainbow-shaped arch made of titanium.
- Parkovy Pedestrian Bridge - was built in 1957. The bridge is a light construction 400 m (1312 ft) in length that connects Kiev to the park-area of Trukhaniv Island. This is the only bridge constructed specifically for the pedestrian traffic over the Dnieper fairway.
- Metro Bridge was built in 1965. The bridge is used for both the Sviatoshynsko-Brovarska Line of Kiev Metro and automobile traffic. The Metro bridge consists of two spans as it links the central Hydropark Island as well as the left and right banks.
- Hydropark is a landscape-recreational park, waterpark on the Dnieper river.
It was created as an entertainment complex with mainly water activities: beaches, boating and water attractions.
- Kiev Pechersk Lavra - also known as Kiev Monastery of the Caves is a historic Orthodox Christian monastery.
Since its foundation as the cave monastery in 1051 the Lavra has been a preeminent center of the Eastern Orthodox Christianity in Eastern Europe.
- Mother Motherland Monument - statue-monument Mother Motherland is part of the Museum of the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945. This museum was opened on May 9, 1981 in honor of the Soviet victory in World War II. In its final form the height of the monument-sculpture Mother Motherland is 62 meters, given the height of the pedestal - 102 meters. In his right hand Mother Motherland holds a 16-meter sword weighing more than 9 tons and in her left hand - the shield the size of 13*8 meters with the emblem of the USSR weighing 13 tons.
- Paton Bridge - is one of the bridges across the Dniepe river named after its constructor. Built between 1941 and 1953 and is the world's first all-welded bridge and is also the longest bridge in Kiev having a length of 1 543 metres (5 062 ft). Traffic across the bridge was opened on November 5, 1953.
- Darnytskyi Railroad Bridge - аlsо known informally аs Kirpa Bridge іs а combined automobile аnd railroad bridge over Dnieper river
- Vydubychi Monastery - the monastery was established between 1070 and 1077 by Vsevolod a son of Yaroslav the Wise.
The monastery was named after an old Slavic legend about the pagan god Perun and the Grand Prince Vladimir the Great of Kiev.
- Pivdennyi Bridge - is the second metro bridge in Kiev serving both the Syretsko-Pecherska Metro Line and automobile traffic. The cables holding the spans on the bridge are supported by two ferroconcrete double-column structures 135 m (443 ft) in height.
Kiev Helicopter Tour 2013 Price Cost
Helicopter tour cost: 6400 UAH (around 800 USD) for tour
Maximum number of tourists per tour - 3 passengers.
Helicopter tour time: 45 minutes
Payment terms - 100% prepayment before departure.
All passengers on the flight are insured with a limitliability SDR 113 100 US dollars on each passenger seat.
Additional Kharkiv helicopter tour and Dnipropetrovsk helicopter tour
In 2013 tourism season helicopters are based in the following regions:
Kyiv (Kiev airport Chayka) - one helicopter Robinson R-44
Dnipropetrovsk (Dnepropetrovsk) - one helicopter Robinson R-44
The details of Dnipropetrovsk helicopter tour are on your request.
About Prominterservis Airlines
Prominterservis Airlines is on the market of helicopter service since 1998, has air operator certificate number 146, certificate of maintenance Part-145 UA.145.0029 and license of air transportation AG № 505940. Prominterservis Airlines is an authorized service center of Robinson Helicopter Company in Ukraine.
Organizers of Kiev Helicopter Tour 2013 in Kiev (Kyiv)